Sunday 2 March 2014

Jane Eyre - The Graphic Novel

Burns, J (2003)

As you can see from my previous post of adaptations of Jane Eyre, there are many motion pictures, online adaptations, television, radio, and musical adaptations. Only one Graphic Novel adaptation of Jane Eyre has been created by John M. Burns in 2003. There are two different versions of the graphic novel; the full version or a quick text (the same story but a shorter version. 

This adaptation, like many others, is a direct link to the original story of Jane Eyre. The comic was specifically made with limited words for easy reading, and to educate adults and children about the 19th century.

This adaptation I could use for my next assignment. I could also create a graphic novel, focussing in on one part of the novel. I could even focus in on one part of the novel from another characters point of view. For example, I could show Bertha's point of view, and in the graphic novel, I could focus in one the part where she attacks members of the house hold and rips Jane's veil before the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment